Center for Propagation of indigenous trees and bio-diversity development
- Propagation of indigenous trees as corner stone to protect the soil against erosion and re-gaining the former bio-diversity.
- Agro-Forestry thanks to usage of special indigenous species by the farmers (including farmer education).
- Develop and maintain long-term water and nutrition resources.
The foundation works in close collaboration with Addis Ababa University (Professor Legesse who is initiator and main sponsor). Activities include:
- Financial support to set up a tree nursery in which 250'000 indigenous tree seedlings will be produced per year (realized 2005).
- Education of forestry experts about agro-forestry benefits of indigenous trees and their development and deployment in the respective areas.
- Model Center to document the importance of indigenous trees and the necessity for re-forestry in Ethiopia.
Project expenditures in CHF:
To establish and set up the tree nursery, including education site, etc:
2004: 81'617.-- (effektive)
2005: 54'000.-- (effektive)
2006: 1'000.-- (effective)
2007: 18'500.-- (effective)
2008: 9'000.-- (effective)
2009: 13'700.-- (effective)
2010: 32'000.-- (effective)
2011: 20'000.-- (budget)