Hill reforestation projects
- Sustainable fight of erosion by reforestation of bare hills as long term objective.
- Enhance nutrition situation and living conditions by vegetable plantation and fruit tree propagation. This is implemented mainly with the females of the peasant association.
The foundation works in close collaboration with the local agriculture offices and the local peasant associations. So far the following peasant associations have been supported:
- Denkaka (reforestation of 60 hectares)
- Hidi (reforestation of 80 hectares)
- Boreto-Gerade (reforestation of 130 hectares)
- Dimtu (reforestation of 30 hectares and protection of water source area for the well important Dama river)
- Lume (reforestation of 102 hectares Jatropha trees)
- Gimbichu (reforestation of 75 hectares and protection of water source area of Mojo river)
- Gango (reforestation of 75 hectares)
- Weliso (production of seedlings to reforest 90 hectares)
- Sire (production of seedlings to reforest 75 hectares)
- Shakiso / Hada Gurati (reforestation of 40 hectares)
- Liban / Zuquala (reforestation of 40 hectares)
Financial Support for 2013 and 2014
This afforestation project is supported by the aid fund of Migros.